In the family of the most famous card games, poker remains without a doubt one of the best game combining strategy, reflection, decision-making, and a good deal of bluff and Chance.
Learn to Play Poker
Among the many variations of poker, the most famous poker rule is the Texas Hold’em rule. So that you know how to play poker, we have chosen to teach you this rule and introduce you to the existing variants.
Learning to play poker is not very complicated; in a few minutes, you can start your first poker game with your friends or teach them how to play.
Rule of Poker
Poker is played with several players with a set of 52 cards and chips that represent the money bet, real or fictitious. The game alternates between card distribution and bidding. The objective is to win the sums wagered by the other players by making the best possible combinations of Cards.
Available to Players
With a deck of 52 cards, the deck is limited to 10 players. All players sit around a table, and a token called a dealer designates the dealer. Poker is always played clockwise from the dealer.
The two players to the right of the dealer must bet a minimum to start the game; this bet is called “Blind” and “Double-blind”. Each player then receives two private cards from the dealer, visible from him alone. Then there are four rounds of bidding and in each round players are asked to make a decision.
- First auction round: you only know your two private cards, and five cards are placed face down on the table.
- Second round: you know your five cards, the two cards you have in your hand and three that are face down for all players.
- Third round: a fourth common card is returned and revealed to all players.
- Last round: the last common card is revealed, and players know all the cards to make their combinations. At the end of this round, players who have not left the game show their cards.
There are four rounds of bidding, and at each of these stages, you have to make a decision:
- Checker: don’t bet anything but stay in the game, possible only if no other player has bet before you.
- Bet: if you are the first to bet chips.
- Next: bet the same amount as the player who bets first to stay in the game.
- Raise: Raise the current bet.
- Lying down: give up the game and the bets already placed in previous rounds.
How to play poker and learn how to combine the right cards to get the best hands?
Poker is always played with five cards, and many combinations are possibly listed below in descending order:
- Straight Ace color: highest combination regardless of the variant of the poker game. It is composed of a series of 5 cards of the same color as this: 10 փ, J փ, Q փ, K փ, A փ
- Straight or straight of color: series of 5 cards of the same color as this: 6♠, 7♠, 8♠, 9♠, 10♠. If two players have a colored suit, the winner is the one with the most important card.
- Square: a combination of 4 cards of the same value and one other separate card like this: 4♠, 4♦, 4♥, 4♣, q / Res. 1 / add.1 If two players have a square, the winning hand is the one with the largest card.
- Full: a combination of a three card pair and a pair of three cards of the same value and two other cards of the same value as Here: 4♠, 4♠, 4♠, K փ, K փ. If two players have a Full House, the winning hand is the one with the largest card.
- Colour: combination of 5 cards of different values and the same colour as here: 6♦, 2♦, J♦, 3♦, K♦. The winning hand is the one with the largest card if two players have a color.
- Next: combination of 5 cards that follow each other, of different colors as here : 8♣, 9♠, 10♥, J փ, Q♦. The winning hand is the one with the largest card if two players are in a row.
- Brelan: combination of 3 cards of the same value. Example: K Փ, K Փ, K♦, 7 Réservé, A Փ. The winning hand is the one with the largest card if two players have a tuck.
- Double pair: it is a hand composed of 2 pairs and 1 other card different as here: 2♠, 2♣, 10♥, 10♦, 5♥. Again, the winning hand is the one with the largest card if two players have a double pair.
- Pair: combination of 5 cards of which only 2 cards have the same face value, as here: Aփ, a red, 3փ, 6♦. The winning hand is the one with the largest card if two players have a pair but if two players have an equal pair, the value of the third card determines the winner or the value of the fourth or fifth card if there is still a tie.
- Highest card: if none of the players gets a combination, the winning hand is the one with the most important card.